The Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates effectively incorporate the in-depth scholarship of petroleum engineering knowledge, research and problem solving skills to formulation and solution of diverse petroleum engineering problems taking into account safety, environmental, economic and societal impacts.
- Graduates communicate effectively to convey and acquire technical ideas, information, and recommendations in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Graduates responsibly practice professional ethics with appreciation for the value of continuing professional development in maintaining their professional competence.
The Programme Learning Outcomes (POs):
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth scholarship of their area of research in petroleum engineering.
- Able to contribute to original research to broaden the boundary of knowledge in petroleum engineering through thesis or dissertation.
- Able to make critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new ideas in research problems related to petroleum engineering.
- Able to plan and perform independent research undertakings professionally, ethically and responsibly, and to lead research projects.
- Able to report research findings to peers at levels suitable for international publications.
- Able to recognize the needs for continuing professional development.
Programme Format (Full-Time & Part-Time)
The course is offered in full-time and part-time. The assessment of the research is based on the progress report, supervisor’s evaluation, research proposal and viva.
Full time: Minimum 6 semesters and maximum 14 semesters
Part time: Minimum 8 semesters and maximum 16 semesters
The candidate must complete:
- University Elective 3 credits
- Research Minimum 6 semesters
- Research Methodology Compulsary attendance
- A Master’s Degree from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other Institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate; or
- Candidates who are currently registered in a Master’s Degree programme at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, and approved by the Graduate Studies Committee of the respective faculty and the Senate.
- Additional Requirement for Candidates : English Language
For the award of Doctor of Philosophy (Petroleum Engineering), the students should complete a minimum of 6 semesters and with pass status on:
- Thesis examination by the Internal and External Examiners
- Oral defense of thesis to a Panel for oral examination.
Panel Program: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Radzuan Junin