This MSc programme has been designed by leading energy management and technology experts, certified energy managers and practitioners in collaboration with key energy stakeholders to empower organisations to practice and sustain an effective energy management program to achieve a global competitive edge. Four key features set UTM MSc Energy Management apart from other programmes:
a) Holistic and balanced in its emphasis on elements of policy and market instruments, socioeconomy as well as technology and tools, for the utilization of renewable energy (RE) as well as energy efficiency (EE) towards enabling governments and organisations to achieve energy security, efficiency and environmental sustainability.
b) Multidisciplinary and practical in its consideration of aspects of excellence in organizational management and business practice; crosscutting technical, professional and nontechnical disciplines.
c) Comprehensive in its coverage on electrical and thermal energy management across sectors including industrial, transport, commercial/domestic and power/energy generation.
d) Contemporary in its emphasis on the application and development of novel tools, algorithms and innovative inhouse and stateoftheart technologies such as process integration for thermal energy and power optimisation via pinch analysis; smart decentralized hybrid energy generation (DEG), renewable energy as well as biorefinery systems modeling, planning and optimization; smart energy data acquisition, monitoring and verification; life cycle analysis.
The Energy Commission Malaysia have approved that the graduates of this programme will also get a professional certification as a REGISTERED ELECTRICAL ENERGY MANAGER (REEM). Current REEMs can also gain CPD hours by attending the modules.
UTM’s Achievements in Energy Management
• Winner of ASEAN Energy Award 2012 Large Building Category
• The first and only organisation in ASEAN awarded the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Star Energy Management Gold Standard by ASEAN Energy Management Accreditation Scheme (AEMAS)
• UTM has > 40 Certified Energy Managers and 7 Registered Electrical Energy Managers (REEMs)
• Achieved > RM 7 million energy cost savings between 2012 to 2014.
• The propriety owner of eSMART and the online Electrical Billing Management System (EBMS) that monitors electrical consumption across UTM
• Offers the regionally unique MSc Energy Management programme that showcases the Sustainable Energy Management (SEM) best practices in UTM campus
For further inquiries, please contact:
Dr. Azizul Azri Mustaffa (Coordinator)
Tel: +607-5535523 (office)